Each year, more bikes are stolen in the streets. Many riders are using poor quality bike locks and others do not use bike locks at all. In case you own a bike, investing in a quality bike is worthwhile. The Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 Bicycle U-Lock w/ 4’ KryptoFlex is a tough and one of the best U lock that is excellent in securing your bike in moderate to high crime areas. Good bikes are costly and you would never want to lose yours to a thief. Below is all you need to know about this impeccable lock.
Reasons to Invest in Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7
1. Convenience: The shackle of the lock is 13mm thick. This makes it very difficult for thieves to cut through it or break it with tools. What’s more, the lock comes with a long cable which makes the locking system more reliable. The patent-pending hardened deadbolt design prevents twisting and jacking.
2. Lightweight: Interestingly, the lock is one of the best lightweight bike locks! It weighs 1.43 kgs only. Well, that doesn’t put extra pressure on the bike when you mount it around the vertical base or under your seat.
3. Weatherproof: Of course, nothing frustrates more than a rusting bike lock. However, the Evolution Mini comes with a vinyl coating that allows it to endure any weather. Buy the lock and enjoy unlimited security for your bike!
The lock is well reinforced throughout – making it exceptionally tough and reliable. The 13mm hardened Kryptonium Steel Shackle does not make things any easier for thieves. The vinyl coating allows the lock to withstand any type of weather. Hence, you’re sure to have the lock for quite a long time.
Among the major drawbacks for a regular lock is dirt. When dust and debris accumulate in keyholes, they easily lose their grip. Thankfully, the Kryptonite features a dust cover which prevents dust from settling in. If extra strength and resistance are what you are looking for, then Kryptonite is all you need! Get one and enjoy a lock made up of high-end materials that can withstand leverage attacks, jacking, prying, or even pulling!
Ease of use
Secure your bike from theft whenever you roam when you purchase the Kryptonite Mini 7 lock. The lock comes with a 4-foot KryptoFlex cable which makes it an ideal choice for college campuses and urban environments. Also, the bent foot shackle design makes the lock easy to use.
The lock comes with 2 stainless steel keys and an additional stainless-steel key with high intensity LED light and replaceable battery. If that’s not enough, Kryptonite offers a Key Safe Program that allows you to register your keys online. In the event you lose your keys, they will ship you 2 keys regardless of your location.
You’ll hardly miss on the EZ-mount transportation system that fits on the adjustable spline. The system gives room for multiple offset fitments for better alignment during transportation. Notwithstanding, the new hardened double-deadbolts engage both shackles ends to increase the holding power of the lock.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Evolution Mini 7 Lock?
The lock is very powerful and can stop all but the most determined thieves. Below are some of the Pros you enjoy when you invest in the Evolution Mini 7 Bike Lock.
1. The Solid Bike Lock is extremely sturdy. The 13mm hardened max-performance steel shackle can resist bolt cutters and leverage attacks.
2. Thanks to the patent-pending hardened double deadbolt design, the lock can withstand twist attacks.
3. The lock comes with a new sliding dustcover to avoid dust and debris along with a higher security disc-style cylinder that is drill resistant.
4. The U bracket allows you to use the lock in almost any location.
1. The plastic on the lock peels away easily.
2. The lock doesn’t fit well in some bike racks.
If you’re looking for a bike lock that blends value with power, this Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 Bicycle U Lock is all you need! Of course, the lock can’t do everything. Hence, you might want to lock your bike in a firm, well-lit area, preferably under CCTV surveillance.
Do you have neighborhood surveillance? Are you worried enough to be a part of it? Do you know your neighbor? Is there a motion detector